Can A Woman Sponsor Her Husband In Saudi Arabia

If a woman wishes to marry a man she does not know, her husband must obtain the approval of the bride’s family. The bride’s family decides if and how she meets her husband, whether or not they marry, and whether or not they accept her as their wife.

Marrying a non-family member is permitted for money reasons. Technically, it is permitted for romantic reasons as well, although that is less common.

It is extremely difficult to get into Saudi Arabia without sponsorship. Getting onto a plane, entering a country, and living are all out of your control while you are there.

Saudi Arabia immigration

When a woman desires to marry a man from Saudi Arabia, she can request a visa to visit her in-laws in her husband’s country. This is known as a fiancé visa.

If the couple then decides to move to Canada, Australia, or the United States, the wedding dowry can be used for any planned trip to Saudi Arabia. If the bride wishes to visit her in-laws in her husband’s country, she may do so without needing a second visa.

The situation is different if the bride-to-be requests a visa before the wedding day. Then she would need to get it fast, because fiancé visas cannot be obtained on short notice.

The Saudi Arabian mutaween

The Saudi Arabian Mutaween is the highest law enforcement agency in Saudi Arabia. It is called a mutaween because it is made up of unmarried males who are paid to train other male citizens in the Islamic religious, social, and legal responsibilities that come with being a mutaween.

The role of a mutaween includes teaching religious beliefs and practices, conducting ritual execution executions, and providing guidance on legal issues. Because of this power, the mutaween can expect frequent interference in their personal affairs.

If your husband lives in Saudi Arabia, he can apply to be married by local Mutwenehs without his husband’s consent. However, if your husband lives in the US or Canada, he must seek permission from local Mutwenehs before being married.

While it might seem like an inconvenience to have to go through theMutweneh process again, it can be helpful to educate yourself on your country before you depart on your trip.

Women are not allowed to get a job

Women in Saudi Arabia are strictly forbidden to get a job and are required to live in the same household as their husbands, even if they work. They are also required to stay indoors and obey all of their husband’s instructions even if they are asked to do something that is not a household duty.

Even the smallest act of disobedience can lead to a punishment such as being held captive for several days or weeks or not being allowed out of the house for shopping excursions or outings.

This all has very much a sense of enforced virginity even at adult age. Women also don’t have any legal rights nor privileges over bodies, so there isn’t much that can be claimed.

Many women in Saudi Arabia end up marrying with no intention and just because they were influenced by what they saw on television or read about in books that they decided to join the men in seeking a male spouse.

Who can sponsor a Saudi Arabian citizen?

A woman cannot sponsor her husband to become a citizen of the United States, however she can sponsor her husband to can enter the country as a married person.

As of 2016, husband petitions must be filed separately from wife petitions. Husband petitions are typically more complex than wife petitions.

Husband applications must include full documentation concerning salary and savings; proof of marriage certificate; proof of cohabitation for at least a month; and proof of relationship outside of marriage, such as lived together or owned a house together.

The final step is to file a petition for his marriage with the government.

Does the sponsor need to be a Saudi Arabian citizen?

As a foreigner, you can sponsor your husband to enter the country as a visitor, however he must be married to a Saudi Arabian and be living in the country as an unmarried man.

Under certain circumstances, such as if your husband is the head of household, he can apply on his own behalf to have his spouse added as a dependant.

The dependant requirement can be waived for those who are wealthy and able to provide for theirsponsor.

If you are looking at entering into parenthood in the near future, it is advised that you seek out foreign citizenship instead of returning to your country of origin to raise your children. It can be difficult enough coming back after childbirth, without facing obstacles when applying for citizenship.

What are the requirements for the sponsor?

The requirements for the sponsor are to be financially strong, have a positive reputation in Saudi, and be lawfully allowed to marry the woman.

The man must be financially stable as he will not receive any help from the sponsor and must obey all orders given to him by the government.

He can not take care of his wife or children and must rely on others. Finally, he has to abide by Islamic beliefs and norms about sex, marriage, and family.

This can be hard when you are exposed to your husband’s past because of your relationship. There may be times when you need to speak up for yourself or for your husband.

What are the requirements for the visa?

A foreign husband can accompany his wife to the Saudi Arabian embassy to obtain a visa. The visa is free of charge and does not require any job offer or salary.

The marriage must be legal in the country where they reside. They must have lived together in a marriage for at least one year before trying the visa.

If they are unable to comply with some customs, such as sharing custody, then the visa cannot be issued.

How long is the visa valid for?

When a woman sponsors her husband to come to the United States, she is given a temporary visa (known as a fiancé visa) that allows her husband to enter the United States for one year.

The husband and wife must live in close proximity while married, otherwise it does not matter how long they were married. The fiancé visa can be extended once, but only once the couple has been reunited and lived together on their new visa.

If your husband were to get deported or if he were to leave his spouse during the period of time you were allowed on your fiancé visa, then you could apply for legal residency together. This would require living in an apartment or with another person, though.

The cost of the fiancé visas have gone up over the years, which is one reason why more couples are deciding to come together on their own.